Friday, October 17, 2008

Entries from the Urban Dictionary

Manicorn

a mythical male creature who is successful (read: pursuing his passion and can pay his electric bills/rent), funny, chivalrous, masculine (read: not chauvinistic), adventurous, artistic (read: not suicidal).

See any John Cusack film (or Chuck Klosterman's witty commentary on Fake Love in Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Pops), any romantic comedy where the flawed guy comes through in the end...

Examples of Usage:
"Where is my manicorn? I keep going out with all these losers!"
"Too bad I settled when I got married, I just met my manicorn."

Blackberry Jam
A people traffic jam that occurrs in subway tunnels and bus stations. Caused by inconsiderate workaholics walking too slow while their noses are glued to their Blackberry device.

Examples of Usage:
I was late for work because there was a Blackberry Jam getting out of the A train.

Desk Rage
The peak of office employee stress levels which ultimately starts with the screaming of vulgar language within the workplace. It can often times lead to assaulting fellow employees, abusing office equipment and/or stealing of company property, abusing sick days and ultimately poor production at work. A possible side effect is that the employee continues to take out his or her rage at their residence in the form of kicking small animals and drinking heavily.

Examples of Usage:
With my pending at work and the amount of people calling me each day I'm on the brink of desk rage and one day I'm going to break and take it out on that weird guy that sits next to me.

1 comment:

truthobjective said...

Very interesting post. The Urban Dictionary's one of those things you really find completely pointless, but still you find it extremely useful at times. lol :) Mark