Thursday, January 2, 2014

So I keep having dreams that my mom comes back to life, though once the dream was back to when she was sick and she just lingered, and my younger sisters and I just… lingered with her. 
Anyway this time mom is alive, no one knows how, no one cares. Dad brings her home and everyone is laughing and crying and still sad but happier than ever. My older sisters and their families come over. My mom meets her grandson, my nephew, that was born just last year. She’s crying too. My cousins and their families on my mom’s side come over just to be… and even my cousins on my dad’s side and their little ones make the trip up from Vero, and somehow they make it in that night.
But something’s wrong and I can feel it. Often “my house” in my dreams is very wide, width-wise and more narrow length-wise and it was the same here:


the front is always a sunroom with plenty of windows, i.e. not very secure.
And as it get’s dark I just get worried that someone or something will get in the house. And it’s not unfounded. Soon, as the family is just talking and cooking and enjoying each other, an extremely tall furry blue being (like Sully, from Monsters, inc. but more sinister) is just standing in the corner behind my cousin Jacob and no one seems to notice until I get everyone’s attention and point to it. We push/pray the being out of the house and everyone goes back to watching movies and making the celebratory dinner.
But the worry won’t leave me so I go to the front of the house and pull the curtains on all the windows and turn off the lights in that room so no one can see from the outside. I close as many doors as possible and do the same for the next level of the house, which is basically formal living room that almost spans the width of the house. I can see movement outside around the house but I can’t tell if it’s just wind moving the trees or something else that wants to take my mother away again and kill everyone else.
So I keep having dreams that my mom comes back to life, though once the dream was back to when she was sick and she just lingered, and my younger sisters and I just… lingered with her. 
Anyway this time mom is alive, no one knows how, no one cares. Dad brings her home and everyone is laughing and crying and still sad but happier than ever. My older sisters and their families come over. My mom meets her grandson, my nephew, that was born just last year. She’s crying too. My cousins and their families on my mom’s side come over just to be… and even my cousins on my dad’s side and their little ones make the trip up from Vero, and somehow they make it in that night.
But something’s wrong and I can feel it. Often “my house” in my dreams is very wide, width-wise and more narrow length-wise and it was the same here:
the front is always a sunroom with plenty of windows, i.e. not very secure.
And as it get’s dark I just get worried that someone or something will get in the house. And it’s not unfounded. Soon, as the family is just talking and cooking and enjoying each other, an extremely tall furry blue being (like Sully, from Monsters, inc. but more sinister) is just standing in the corner behind my cousin Jacob and no one seems to notice until I get everyone’s attention and point to it. We push/pray the being out of the house and everyone goes back to watching movies and making the celebratory dinner.
But the worry won’t leave me so I go to the front of the house and pull the curtains on all the windows and turn off the lights in that room so no one can see from the outside. I close as many doors as possible and do the same for the next level of the house, which is basically formal living room that almost spans the width of the house. I can see movement outside around the house but I can’t tell if it’s just wind moving the trees or something else that wants to take my mother away again and kill everyone else.

No comments: